The Square Society is happy to announce that registration is now open for brewers interested in attending this fantastic event, now celebrating it’s 22nd year! This year’s event, as always, takes place the second Saturday of August! (August 10th) Last year provided tons of fun and dollars for charity, and we hope to make this year even better! Please fill out the form below to register your spot for this great event! Space is, as always, limited, although we are going to try to add as many new breweries as we can! Make sure to not delay in signing up! If you have any questions, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Microfestivus is the primary annual fundraiser for The Square Society, a local non-profit organization established to raise interest in and awareness of the arts, as well as cultural facilities and activities supported by Center in the Square. Center in the Square is the leading cultural arts organization in Western Virginia and includes the following organizations: Mill Mountain Theatre, Roanoke Symphony Orchestra, Science Museum of Western VA, Roanoke Pinball Museum, The Don and Barbara Smith Children’s Museum (Kids Square), Harrison Museum of African American Culture, History Museum of Western VA, Roanoke Ballet Theatre, and the O. Winston Link Museum.
The cost for each brewery to register is $125 this year. This helps to offset the rising cost of the hotel and the ever increasing beer costs for the event.
Microfestivus Committee Provides:
- Hotel room for one night (only if you are traveling more than 50 miles, with no exceptions)
- TWO (2) regular admission wristbands (additional MUST be purchased)
- One 8-foot table
- Ice for your beer
- Local wholesale distributor enabling us to buy your beer through the distributor should you not have a Virginia licensed distributor. You must however have a license to sell in Virginia.
- Opportunity to sell brewery merchandise
- Two of your most popular kegs
- Multi-tap jockey box with CO2
- Ice tubs for kegs
- A brewery representative for your table
- Any brewery merchandise you wish to sell and any materials required for your operation
- Banner and signage to identify your table and beer
- Beer sold at wholesale price through licensed distributor for purchase by The Square Society
There are no guarantees we will accept all three keg offerings. Our committee will review the selections and work with the distributors to ensure we have a broad offering of styles. Please make sure that if you do list a beer here that it is available at your distributor!
The retail vending fee ha remained the same as last year at $150 for a 10×10, and $250 for a 10×20. Food vending has decreased depending on what type of vendor you are. More information will be sent to you once your application has been approved. Should you not be selected as a vendor, your registration fee will be promptly refunded to your card.
Each approved vendor will also receive two (2) tasting wristbands for staff, along with a coupon code to buy up to 10 additional general admission tasting wristbands at a slight discount that you can either use for employees or share with your best customers/friends.
Each vendor is responsible for submitting their own application to the health department per their requirements.
Thank you for your interest and support of Microfestivus!!